I took about half a yard of fabric and hemmed it on the bottom and sides. I rounded the top and sewed it to finish it out. I used a round container to make the white circle and then sewed it onto the cape. The "J" is freehand and sewn on to the circle.
The ties are not very neat, but since this is for an 18 month old, I'm not too bothered by it. :) I just took two long strips of fabric and sewed them to the top of the cape. I spaced them by using my DS as reference.
I think it turned out pretty cute. I need to make two more now so the boys don't fight over one little cape. :) Considering how easy it was that shouldn't be a problem. Unless you are me. Captain Procrastination. :D