Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas card auditions

I've been trying out a few ideas for this year's Christmas card. I just got the "Greeting Card Kids" stamp set from Stampin' Up and I am loving it. So I'm leaning heavily toward this card. I would have to modify the flower though. It sits pretty high. It would be a pain to mail. :)

Stamps: Greeting Card Kids and Fundamental Phrases - SU

Ink: StazOn Black and Distressing ink - Tea Stain

Ribbon: Unknown

Coloring: PrismaColor Pencils

Embossing: Textile Texture - Cuttlebug

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip & Pear Pizzaz - SU

I made the rose by punching a strip of Cherry Cordial CS with the scallop border punch. I then used my distressing ink to age it a bit. Then I crinkled the paper strip, wrapped it around itself and roughed it up a bit. ;) Then I adhered it with aqua glue.

Not too hard. I might have to tweak a few thing for mass production, but other than that I think it might work well as this year's Christmas card!



No comments: