Saturday, August 31, 2013

The finished (I think) product!

I was walking with a friend the other day and got the idea to finish Colson's costume with a baseball hat. I had seen lots of cute hats, but they were mostly felt or yarn. In 80+ degree weather, that would have been a little rough. Then the inspiration struck to use a baseball cap.

I used the grey yarn to make the stitches across the top of the hat and then added two big, black buttons for Sackboy's eyes. He was quite happy with it. The only thing I am unsure of now, is whether or not to add some red material to the brim to make his tongue. DH thinks I should, but I need to see how it would look first.

Here is the entire costume.


Now to find some shorts to match and I think it will be a pretty cool costume. I'm glad that went so easily. That is rare for me.

No comments: