Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

I have always wanted to try to make Beef Stew. I don't know why I haven't. I guess I've always thought it seemed difficult. I was soooo wrong. I found a recipe for a slow cooker version on Pinterest. It was very easy and tasty. (I think I might skip the Bay leaf next time.) The link to the original post is in the recipe title.



Beef Stew
  • 1 1/2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1″ cubes
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cups low sodium beef broth
  • 5 red potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
  • 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 Tbs Worcestershire
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 packet beef stew seasoning
1.  Put beef in crockpot.  Sprinkle the flour in and stir to coat the meat.
2.  Add all other ingredients.  Stir to combine.
3.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  Remove bay leaf and serve!

No comments: