Saturday, January 22, 2011

Colson's Day of all Days

We decided to do a Dr. Seuss theme for my son's 4th birthday party this year. I had a rough time finding any hand-made ideas for invitations, favors and such. Finally I just sat down with a bunch of Colson's Dr. Seuss books and put a few ideas together. Here is the invitation I came up with.Practically everything was done by hand. I drew the hat and colored it with my Bic markers. I used a ruler and drew the stripes on the base of the card. The sentiment is a stamp I picked up at Hobby Lobby several years ago. It was actually pretty easy and quick to make. I was so glad for that! I also made favor holders. They are the hats, but upside down to hold the goodies. I will post a pic tomorrow.

Now to figure out how on earth I am going to make a Cat in the Hat cake! Wish me luck. :)

No comments: