Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hello!!

I assume that this is as good a place as any to start and give you my basic information! :)

I am so excited to start my own craft blog! I have seen so many amazing blogs and I've always wanted to try one out!! I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the craft society like a lot of other amazing artists I've seen, but I hope I can at least give out a few ideas here and there! I also hope to be able to present some practical "tools of the trade" as well. So that I can share my experience of what has worked for me and what hasn't.

I am a big fan of crafting that is practical. Even though I love the beautiful work I've seen by other crafters/scrapbookers/cardmakers, my work tends to lean toward the functional side. Things that I can use or give as gifts. (And sometimes sell.) I love scrapbooking because to me it feels like an art that is very functional. It's a way to preserve memories and express yourself. And, since I have a horrible memory, scrapbooking helps me out quite a bit! :) Cardmaking is great too because it saves me the outrageous cost of buying store cards and people love the thought behind something hand-made. Especially a card. As far as crafting goes, I love a lot of different things. Working with polymer clay, Sewing (which I'm horrible at!), making ornaments, Drawing, and too many more to name!

I like to think that my hobbies are justified in the fact that I get use out of the end result. At least, that's what I tell my husband! :) I also like to think that I am marvelously blessed by being able to spend time doing something I truly enjoy. An outlet, a hobby, an addiction, a love; whatever you want to call it. I am a crafter. And I'm proud of it!!! :)

No comments: